A lot of men have grooming habits that they observe often and one of these habits is shaving. Individuals who have medium length or long facial hair may opt for a trim instead. However, if you find that you shave and trim often, we suggest that you buy a shaver and trimmer combo.
A shaver and trimmer in one device are not only space-saving but it is also affordable. In this article, we will list our top 4 Shaver and trimmer combos and list the advantages and disadvantages of each device.
Best Shaver and Trimmer Combo Reviewed
#1. Electric Shaver for Men by Braun Series 5 5140s
The first item on our list is the Braun Series 5 5140s Cordless Electric Razor. This device is a shaver and trimmer combo that is made with skin- sensitive technology. Below are the features, pros, and cons of the Braun Series 5 5140s.
1. Auto-sensing motor: The Braun electric razor has an auto-sensing motor that detects the thickness of your beard. This device then adapts to the thickness of your beard for the best shave or trim possible. This auto adapting device is suitable for people with sensitive skin.
2. Flexible head: The shaving head of this razor can move in 8 directions. This will allow the razor to reach hidden or difficult areas.
3. SensoFoilTM blades: There are 2 SensoFoilTM blades on this shaver. Foil blades are perfect for sideways movement and beneficial if you require precision while shaving. Furthermore, the foils ensure that you get a smooth shave that does not irritate your skin.
4. Slide Out trimmer: This device has dual functions. It is a shaver but also has a trimmer that slides out. This trimmer can be used to cut your beard or shape it with precision. You can also use the trimmer to edge up facial hairs. The trimmer also lifts flat-lying hair and then cuts it.
5. Waterproof: The Braun Series 5 5140s was made for wet and dry use. The razor can be used with shaving foams, gels, and other shaving products. This device can also be used while you are under the shower; this is convenient if you want to wash your razor while using it.
You can also use this razor on dry skin. The foil blades will ensure that you get a smooth shave without any micro-cuts.
6. Braun MultiHeadLock: The head of the Braun razor can be locked in 5 angles. The headlock will help you shave comfortably.
7. Indicator lights: The electric razor has indicator lights on the handle, below the power button. The indicator lights show the battery level. There is also an indicator at the base of the shaver. The indicator at the base shows when the cartridge needs to be replaced.
8. Rechargeable battery: The Braun Series 5 5140s has a Li-Ion battery. It takes 1 hour to charge this battery fully. When the battery is full, the razor can work for about 50 minutes. The indicator lights on the razor will show when the battery is charging and the battery level of the device when it is turned on.
Importantly, the battery has a low discharge rate.
9. Micro and Macro Motion: The blade of this razor can get very close to the skin, conform to the small contours for a smooth shave but can also navigate large contours as well.
The Braun Series 5 5140s can be used as a shaver or as a trimmer. If you would like a close shave, this device will be a great purchase. However, if you just want to trim your beards, you will be pleased with the ActiLift Trimmer feature. The dual function of this shaver makes this a great buy for men who travel a lot.
2. If you like sleek tools, you will love this shaver. The shaver is a sleek black color with blue accent lines.
3. This razor can navigate small and large facial contours to give you a smooth shave with minimal skin irritation.
4. The foil blades on this shaver allow the blades to glide while in use. Therefore, shaving with this equipment will not irritate sensitive skin.
5. The Braun Series 5 5140s is waterproof and can be used with any of your shaving products. You can rinse the shaver underneath running water after use.
6. The cartridge of this razor lasts long. You will need to replace the cartridge every 18 months.
7. A full battery charge lasts for about 50 minutes. This is more than enough time to complete facial grooming. A fully charged battery will provide you with multiple short uses.
1. The Braun razor is priced at over $100, this razor is quite expensive.
2. Braun has created a charge and clean station that you can use to keep your shaver clean. You need to purchase this device separately.
#2. Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70
The second item on this list is the Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70 Pro Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver. This item makes it on this list because it is a shaver and trimmer combo that can be used on the face and the body. Below are the features, pros, and cons of the Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70.
1. Trimmer and Shaver combo: The Philips Oneblade is a dual-purpose grooming tool. It can be used to shave and trim facial or body hairs. This device can be used on long hair and the cutter in this device moves about 200 times every second.
2. Adjustable comb: There is a removable trimming comb on the Norelco Oneblade. The comb is useful for setting how low or high you wish to shave or trim. The comb can be adjusted from 0.4mm to 10mm and it has 14 height settings. The fixture of the comb also ensures that you can shave your hair at the same length all over; Amateurs at using an electric razor or trimmer will appreciate this feature. You can also use the comb to prevent going close to your skin when shaving.
3. Dual-sided blade: Both sides of the blade are sharp. This will allow you to shave comfortably and shave your edges with precision.
4. Rechargeable battery: The Norelco Oneblade has a Li-Ion battery that charges quickly. The battery of this device can become fully charged in about 1 hour. After it is fully charged, the Oneblade will be able to work for 1 hour.
5. Wet/ Dry Use: The Norelco Oneblade is waterproof. You can use this device with foam, gels, and other liquids. You can also wash the head of this shaver under running water or while you are in the shower. This device will still work with dry hair. Importantly, while this device is waterproof, you should not submerge it in water.
5. Contour-following technology: This device can follow the contours (small or big) in the area you are shaving or trimming. Contour technology ensures that you get a smooth and comfortable shave.
6. Display: There is a small display area on this shaver. The display area shows when the shaver is charging and shows the battery level as well. The display also shows when the travel lock is activated.
7. Device warranty: This trimmer and shaver have a 2-year warranty. If your shaver is damaged before the warranty expires, you may be eligible to receive a repair or replacement device for free.
8. Charging stand: The Norelco Oneblade comes with a charging stand that is easy to use.
9. Automatic voltage: The Philips Norelco Oneblade can be used with 100-240 Volts. You can use this device in the United States and also in foreign countries.
1. The Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70 is a multipurpose tool. You can use this device as a trimmer or shaver. Also, you can use this device on your face and body. If you plan to use this on your face, you can use the Norelco Oneblade to shave and trim your facial hair.
2. The blade of this device has a glide coating which will help you get a smoother shave. The glide coating and rounded edges of the blade will reduce your chances of getting nicks or cuts while shaving.
3. This shaver does not get too close to the skin. While you can get a relatively clean shave with this device, it will not get close enough to the skin to cause irritation. Hence, this is a great grooming tool for people who have sensitive skin.
4. You can control the length of the hair while shaving. Using the adjustable comb, you can decide how much hair you will keep and maintain the same height while shaving. If you want a closer shave, you can simply remove the comb.
The rechargeable battery is charged fully in 90 minutes and a single charge can last for up to one hour. One hour is more than enough time for a grooming session to last. If you shave for 10 minutes every morning, you can use a fully charged device 5-6 times before charging it again.
6. This device is waterproof and can be cleaned under running water. Because of this, you will be able to incorporate using the Norelco Oneblade into your shower routine quite easily.
7. The blade of the Philips Norelco Oneblade lasts for up to 4 months. Afterward, you will need to purchase replacement blades. Replacement blades can be easily attached to the handle of the device.
8. You get a 2-year warranty when you purchase this device from an authorized retailer.
9. The display on the handle shows you the battery level and shows you when the device is charging.
1. Some individuals who have purchased this shaver have complained that it does not give them a close shave.
2. The warranty does not cover some parts of the Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70.
#3. Braun Series 7 790cc Electric Razor for Men
The third and the priciest device on our list is the Braun Series 7 790cc. This electric razor uses sonic technology that will you get the best shave. This device is expensive but today we will help you decide if you should purchase this electric razor. Here are the features, pros, and cons of the Braun Series 7 790cc Electric Razor for Men.
1. Intelligent Sonic technology: The Braun Series 7 uses technology that detects the density of your beard and automatically increases the power. The sonic technology prevents a situation where you have to apply pressure or go over the same area repeatedly. This device can go up to 10,000 micro-vibrations/minute when used on dense beards. When you do not go over the same area multiple times, the chances of getting skin irritation will be reduced.
2. Personalized settings: When using The Braun Series 7, you can choose one of 5 personalized modes. Some of these modes include sensitive, insensitive, and normal. Choosing the right setting will ensure that you get a smooth but comfortable shave that will last long.
3. Contour Adaptation: This device follows the contours of your face for a smooth shave or trim. The 8 direction head makes it easier for this device to move with the contours of your face. The precision head of the device also allows it to shave areas that are difficult to reach.
4. Waterproof: The Braun Series 7 790cc can be used with foam and gel. While and after shaving, you can clean your razor under running water. You can also use the device while taking a shower.
5. Trimmer function: This device has dual functions. To use the trimmer, press the button with ‘trimmer’ written on it. The trimmer can be used on long beards and other long facial hairs. After using the trimmer, you can return it to its original position.
6. ActiveLift trimmer: The trimmer lifts the flat hairs and ingrown hairs before cutting them. This feature ensures that all hair is cut evenly.
7. Four shaving elements: This shaver has 3 cutting elements and 1 skin guard. Hence, this device can cut more hair than other devices in one pass. The 3 cutting elements also ensure that you can get a clean shave as close to the skin as possible.
8. Display screen: The Braun Series 7 790 cc has a display screen that shows when the device is charging, how much battery is left, and when the device needs to be cleaned.
9. Rechargeable battery: The 790CC uses a Li-Ion battery. This battery is fully charged in one 1 hour but a full charge can last 50 minutes.
10. Clean and Charge System: The clean and charge system is an alcohol-based cleaning system. The system cleans, charges, and lubricates the Braun Series 7 790cc at the same time. You will need to purchase refill cartridges to continue using the clean and charge system.
1. The sonic technology of the Braun Series 7 790cc, adapts to the density of your beard and increases the power to match the density of your beard. This action ensures that you do not use pressure or shave the same spot multiple times. Hence, if you have sensitive skin, the chances of getting skin irritation will be reduced.
2. You can personalize your settings on your shaver. Customizing your settings will ensure that you get a better outcome when using the razor.
3. You can use this razor to shave and trim your facial hair. If you do not want to purchase multiple devices, this will be a great addition to your grooming kit.
4. This device Is waterproof and can be cleaned easily under running water.
5. The battery in this device can be charged and a full battery can last for up to 50 minutes. You can use this device multiple times before needing to charge it again.
6. The Braun Series 7 790cc comes with a full cleaning and charging system.
1. The Braun Series 7 790 cc is quite expensive, it retails for almost $175 on Amazon.
#4. Wahl Bump-free Rechargeable Foil Shaver (Best budget purchase)
If you need a shaver and trimmer combo at an affordable price and with no extra frills, we recommend the Wahl Bump-free Rechargeable Foil Shaver. If you are on a budget or struggle with bumps after shaving, you may wonder if you should purchase this shaver. Here are the features, pros, and cons of this device.
1. Hypoallergenic titanium foils: The titanium foil head of this shaver ensures that shaving is smooth and does not drag at the hairs. The reduced irritation will mitigate the possibility of getting bumps from shaving.
2. Pop-up trimmer: This shaver has dual functions, it also has a trimmer. The pop-up trimmer can be used for edging and cutting longer facial hairs.
3. Rechargeable battery: The Wahl Bump-free Rechargeable Foil Shaver has a rechargeable battery. It takes almost 2 hours before the battery is charged fully. A full battery can be used continuously for 1 hour.
4. 3-year warranty: If you purchase your Wahl foil shaver from an authorized retailer, you may be given a 3-year warranty. However, you will need to activate your warranty.
5. Accessories: The Wahl Bump-free Rechargeable Foil Shaver has many accessories that you can use to get the best shave possible. These accessories include a charger, beard brush, cleaning brush, foil head guard, storage bag, oil bottle, and a manual.
1. This Wahl shaver can also be used as a trimmer. The dual purpose of the shaver makes it ideal for people who are on a budget or do not want to buy multiple similar items. You can use the shaver on your facial hair and use the trimmer afterward to sharpen the edges.
2. The titanium foils will give you a smooth shave that will not cause bumps or breakouts.
3. This shaver is quiet and does not vibrate loudly.
4. The Wahl Bump-free Rechargeable Foil Shaver is not flimsy and will fit comfortably in your hands.
5. When it is fully charged, the shaver can be used for 60 minutes. If you use this for 10-20 minutes every day, you will get 3-6 uses out of the shaver before you need to charge the device again.
6. You will get a 3-year warranty when you purchase the Wahl shaver. If your shaver is damaged before the warranty expires, you may get a free repair or replacement product.
1. Users of this device have complained about its weight. The shaver weighs almost 1 pound. This weight is inconsequential if you are carrying it for 5 seconds. However, if you need to carry the razor for 5-15 minutes, the shaver may seem too weighty.
2. This device is not waterproof. Of all the devices on this list, this is the only item that is not waterproof. This means that individuals who use a foam or gel when shaving will not be able to use this shaver.
3. It takes almost 2 hours to charge the Wahl Bump-free Rechargeable Foil Shaver fully. However, the device can only be used for one hour afterward.
4. To clean the device, you need to remove the foil head.
We hope that this article has provided you with sufficient information about the best shaver and trimmer combos. This information will help you decide which shaver and trimmer combo you should purchase.